The following defined terms shall have the meanings set forth below:
“Financial Information” -
means information relating to payments and billing (e.g. name, account information, billing address) provided by you. All Financial Information is collected for billing and payment purposes only and will be protected and administered by PlayShore and/or our authorized third party partners.
“Non-Personal Information” -
means information that, by itself, does not identify a specific individual or entity (e.g. demographic information, usage data or downloads).
“Personal Information” - means specific identifiable information about an individual or entity which may be used to identify, contact or locate that person or entity (e.g. name, mailing address, Device ID (defined below), email address or phone number).
2. What Information Is Collected?
Information You Provide. We may receive and store any Personal Information, Financial Information and/or Non-Personal Information that you provide when you interact with Us. Some features and/or functionality of the PlayShore Services may be unavailable if you choose not to share certain information. We may use information you provide to communicate with you and to improve the PlayShore Services. Here are some examples:
- (a) Email Communications. We may use your Personal Information to send you emails related to promotions and/or events. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails by following the instructions in the relevant correspondence. Once We have processed your opt-out request, We will not send you further promotional emails unless you later opt back in. Whether you opt out of receiving promotional emails or not, We reserve the right to email you with respect to important information, notices or changes relating to the PlayShore Services.
- (b) Contact Us. If you choose to use Our “contact us” form you will be asked to: provide Personal Information, request type of inquiry, and describe the purpose for which you are contacting Us. If we know that you are under the age of 13, We will delete your email address once your request has been fulfilled.
- (c) Geo-Location Data. We do not ask you for, access, or track any precise location based information at any time while downloading or using Our mobile application or services.
- (d) Push Notifications. On occasion, We will send you push notifications when using Our mobile application regarding alerts to new high scores, as well as other account information that may be important to you. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications you may opt-out from receiving them by turning them off at the device level through the settings of the device or by contacting Us at .
- (e) Other Information. You may provide other Personal and Non-Personal information whenever you interact with the PlayShore Services including, without limitation, when you search the PlayShore Services, participate in a contest, survey or questionnaire, place an order, or communicate with Us by phone or email.
With any of the above actions, you may supply Us with information such as your name, address, phone number, third party information (such as name and email address), alternate contact information, information about your use of the PlayShore Services, personal descriptions and product descriptions.
Information Collected Automatically or Through Technology. We may receive and store certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information whenever you interact with Us. While you are able to visit the PlayShore Services and remain anonymous, We and/or Our third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information through technological means. Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
- (b) Device Information. When you download and use the PlayShore Services, We automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system, application version, and the persistent device identifier (“Device ID”).
- (c) Metadata. Metadata is data collected and used to facilitate the PlayShore Services, monitor system usage, prevent fraud, and other services. Some examples of metadata that We may collect and analyze include, without limitation, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information (such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform), the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click sequence to, through, and from the PlayShore Services including date and time, cookie number and any products, services or features you use or interact with arising out of or in connection with your use of the PlayShore Services.
- (d) Tools. We may use software tools to measure and collect information about your use of the PlayShore Services including, without limitation, page response times, upload and file transfer errors, interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), features use, purchase tracking and order fulfillment and methods. Sometimes, you will have a choice whether or not to provide information, but if you fail to provide certain information it could make some features and/or functionality of the PlayShore Services.
- (e) Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from PlayShore’s third party service providers, or other sources such as purchase or redemption information, PlayShore Services usage, payment information, reporting information page-view information, technical, fulfillment, advertising, search information and credit history information.
- (f) Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow Us to better understand the functionality of Our Mobile Software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the application.
3. How Information Is Used, Shared and Disclosed.
We do not sell, and generally do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent. Parents have the right to consent to collection and use of personal information from their child without also consenting to its disclosure to third parties as we do not share information that may be collected from your child. We use Personal, Non-Personal and Financial Information, among other things, to monitor system performance, analyze internal business systems, improve the PlayShore Services, fulfill requests for additional products and services, contact you about promotional and marketing activities, and conduct research. The use and protection of information is an important component of Our business. Examples of how We share and discloses your information is as follows:
- (a) Legal. We may disclose information you provide to respond to subpoenas, court orders and other legal process, and to establish/exercise Our legal rights. We may also disclose your information to defend against legal claims when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. We may share Personal Information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
The security of your personal information is important to Us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. While no security system is completely secure, We and Our third party partners and vendors takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure of the information we collect. For Us, this includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that all Personal and Financial Information is disclosed only on a “need to know” basis and ensuring that all Personal Information collected by Us is done so via secured connections and protected and encrypted (using secure socket layer technology, “SSL”) by industrial grade security software to guard against unauthorized access.
We have third party ads in free versions of Our mobile applications and, provided that you are age 13 or older, we collect your Device ID and may pass it to advertisers to enable certain advertising. We do not store or otherwise save your Device ID.
6. Social Media Features and Tools.
7. Links to Other Sites.
The PlayShore Services contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Us. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave Our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by the PlayShore Services.
8. Access/Data Retention.
If yours or your child’s information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete inaccuracies, request deletion or further contact with your child by updating your account information or by contacting us at . We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain yours and your child’s information for as long as yours or your child’s account is active or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel your child’s account or request that we no longer use the information to provide services, contact us at the email address listed above. We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
9. Special Notice REGARDING MINORS.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 13 without parental consent. We require device owners to specify their age before any Personal Information is collected. If it comes to our attention that Personal Information has been collected from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at .
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to Our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on Our privacy practices. If we make material changes to how we use Personal Information collected from children under age 13, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent or, if we do not have such emails to contact parents directly, by reasonable means on Our website for the new uses of the child's Personal Information.
11. Contact us
PlayShore Sociedad Limitada